The “first” of the year has come and gone. Have you set your goals for 2012? Goal setting is perhaps the most vital achievement skill of all. People who set goals are much more likely to achieve what they want in life and in business than those who don’t.
Then, why is it that so many people don’t set goals?
- Most people don’t understand the importance of goals.
- People don’t know how to set goals.
- People are afraid someone will tell them they can’t accomplish it.
- People fear failure, so they think if you don’t set a goal you won’t fail.
- People are “too busy” to set goals.
Do any of these reasons ring true for you?
Why would you want to go beyond those reasons and set goals? What’s in it for you?
- People who set goals, write them down, and talk about them on an ongoing basis, experience increased levels of performance and achievement almost immediately. Wouldn’t you like that?
- When we set goals, we develop clarity, focus, & direction. We stop floating around. This focused energy enables our conscious and subconscious minds to work together to accomplish much more in a shorter amount of time. Great team work, huh!
- Change is inevitable in life. Many are uneasy about change because they think things will be worse than before. Good news: goals enable us to control the direction of change in our lives!
As a leader, think about some areas where you would like to make some positive changes. Begin to visualize what that might look like. The next step is to set some goals that empower you to move in the direction of your vision. If you need help with your vision before setting goals, email me: lois@THPAlliance.com .
Next time, I will give you some EASY steps to set goals so you can be on your way to achieving what you want in 2012!